You are invited to join me and renowned researcher, author and tour guide Mohamed Ibrahim for the adventure of a lifetime – a 12 day expedition to see & touch the world’s greatest super structures on the 2023 Megalithic Marvels of Egypt Tour. While mainstream history tells us that the dynastic Egyptians (3200-30 BC) built the Great Pyramids as tombs, we will exam the evidence that points to an advanced civilization that predated the pharaonic dynasties and who used lost ancient technology to engineer these mega-ton wonders. On this tour you will receive exclusive access to see and touch these megaliths, learn about the hidden history of Egypt and meet new friends in a friendly and inclusive environment. Pulling from his 20+ years of guiding tours, I can say first hand that Mohamed puts a personal touch on his tours and will take us where most tourists never go – to eat the best local food, to stay at some of the nicest hotels and to see the most mesmerizing parts of each ancient site. From cruising down the Nile river, to soaring in a hot air balloon over the Luxor sunrise, to riding camels alongside the Giza pyramids – our Egypt adventure will culminate with a two hour long (after hours) private visit inside the most mysterious structure on earth – the Great Pyramid, where we will explore every chamber and passageway! I hope that you will join us. – Derek Olson (Megalithic Marvels founder)
This 12 day tour of $4200 (shared room) / $5200 (single room) includes:
- Entry tickets & special access to all sites
- Hotels & lodging
- Nile river boat cruise
- Flights to & from Luxor
- Most meals
- English speaking tour guide
- Airport assistance (pick-up, shuttle, drop off)
- (Does not include international flights to & from Cairo)
- Is a vaccine or negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry to Egypt? No. Passengers traveling to Egypt are not required to take a COVID-19 test to fly to Egypt. Egypt’s COVID-19 entry restrictions were lifted on June 17, 2022.
- Is a vaccine or negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for re-entry back into the United States? No. Starting on June 12, 2022, the CDC will no longer order air passengers to show a negative COVID-19 test result, or show documentation of recovery from COVID-19, prior to boarding a flight to the United States.
- Is Egypt a safe country to visit? Tourism is Egypt’s number one industry as approximately 10 million tourists visit this amazing country each year. Therefore you will find that Egypt is very friendly to westerners and that the Egyptian people are kind and hospitable. Women do not need to where head coverings. On our tour last year, we were perfectly safe and had zero safety concerns or issues. Most larger tours, such as ours, will also have a private security guard to assist us along the way.
- Who will I share a room with? If you choose to have a shared room, we will place you with another registered guest from our tour (men with men & women with women). If you have a spouse or friend joining you on this tour, you can room with them.
- Can I have my own (single) room during the trip? Yes. The single room cost is $5,200.
- Will I need a passport? Yes. You will need a passport that has been valid for at least 6 months
- Do I need to get a travel visa? Yes, but you can easily get your travel visa AFTER you arrive to the Cairo airport with the help of Mohamed’s team. The visa will cost approximately $25 cash.
- Is there laundry service? Yes, there will be laundry service at all of our hotels. Hotels do charge a fee for laundry service.
- Do we need to bring extra money? You will want to bring extra money if you plan to purchase souvenirs, additional snacks/ meals and/or for extra curricular activities such as camel rides at the Great Pyramid or a sunrise hot air balloon ride over Luxor.
- Do we need to tip? Tipping is encouraged. Near the end of the tour, everyone will have the opportunity to give a one-time tip amount to our tour guide Mohamed, who will then divide our combined tips with all of his other workers who assisted us on the tour.
- Do I need travel insurance? It is recommended that you purchase travel insurance for your own peace of mind in order to get reimbursed for your international flights in the event you are unable to come for some reason.
- Are there refunds? Yes. In the rare event the tour is cancelled, you will be fully refunded (minus $200 for pre-paid flights to & from Luxor)
For further questions, please contact me by filling out the form below!